Founding President, Global Communication Association
• A non-traditional and forward-looking scholarly association with annual conferences throughout the world
Founder & Managing Editor, Global Media Journals
• A rapidly growing online scholarly publication network with 18 independent editions throughout the world.
Founder & Former Co-Editor, Journal of Globalization for the Common Good
• An online intercultural and interfaith publication devoted to global cooperation.
Founder & Former Director, Center for Global Studies
• Devoted to enhancing global awareness and internationalization of Purdue University Northwest.
Co-Chair and Steering Committee Member, Global Fusion Consortium
• Organized annual conferences (2000-2007).
Editor, Global Media Beat
• A multi-purpose portal for sharing news and information.
Co-Editor, Global Media Studies Series: State University of New York Press
• A book series devoted to contemporary issues in international communication (discontinued due to SUNY’s financial problems).
Editor, My Global Village
• A resource portal on a variety of global issues.
Editor, Global Media Monitor
• A resource portal intended to supplement the Global Communication book.
Co-organizer of annual international conferences:
• Global Communication Association
• Globalization for the Common Good
• Global Fusion (2000-2007)